Tuesday, July 12, 2005

It Builds Up

All right, I am just going to say it - I hate cleaning the shower. I have always disliked it because it is a job that lacks enjoyment. The task is difficult. I realize I make it more difficult because I allow too much time to pass in between cleanings. Even so, it sucks.

I never really can get all the soap scum off the fiberblass walls and floor. Isn't that material supposed to be easier to maintain versus other products? Well, it's not. I rinse. I squeege. I have tried the clean shower after spray. The ineffectiveness of that is not worth the cost and effort. I have purchased soaps that produce less scum - yes, they make them. I have waxed the walls. I have done all I can to try to make the job of keeping it clean an easy one. However, I have failed. It's not easy. In fact, it's impossible.

The soap builds up and the interior gets a little dull and dingy. I can't prevent it. As I cleaned it today, I really wondered why I bother. I couldn't get it sparkling. It will just get crappy again. Showering in it with soap makes it so. Some really smart chemist or cleaning agent engineer needs to invent a body soap that also works as a shower cleaner - not too weak, not too harsh. I am sure they can do it. I have bought all the other crap. I will gladly buy that.

Until the magic cleaner comes on the market, I think I will just continue to let it build up and shower in the scum. After all, it is soap. It can't be that bad.

2 comments:

Bat said...

I find that if you ignore the soap scum it works out quite nicely for all involved.

Jodie Donner said...

I knew you were a smart man. Good call.