Thursday, April 14, 2005

Hot Stuff

Let's talk temperatures, folks. Mid-90s today in the valley of the sun. Wow, am I ever not ready for the onslaught of heat. I guess I better get used to it because the 100-degree days are just around the corner.

I'm trying to be positive because some people want me to tone down the negativity. Here it goes:

I drove home today and didn't get a flat tire.

I still have a job.

No one stole my car this week (you're right, it's only Thursday).

My hair looks cute today (ok, most days).

I have a nice house.

I have a nice car.

I have never paid a dime to credit card companies for interest.

I've never had to sell myself for drug money. Wait a minute, I have never had to sell myself for any kind of money.

As of the end of May, I will have two months off.

I have full mobility in my legs.

I'm a damn good speller.

Ok, see. That wasn't so hard after all. I actually do feel better. I am going to try to do that more often.

Thanks, chunk.

5 comments:

Bat said...

No problem. Really, we've all been there. At least you don't have mildew growing in your car. I got the bright idea to borrow my mothers dehumidifier and run it inside my auto. Now when I drive, I smell old lady.

Bat said...

Oh, I thought your hair looked cute today as well.

airy voices said...

why rnt procrastinators allowed? it's only because i procrastinate that i came across your blog!
nice read though!
s

Jodie Donner said...

Chunk, I am so sorry about the old lady smell. I suppose the sacrifice is necessary if it means drying out the car.

If you get the urge to eat dinner at 4:30 pm and dye your hair blue, please realize you've got to get far, far away from the dehumidifier. Until then, remember old lady smell beats must and mildew smell. Wait a minute, they're actually pretty similar. Just don't throw any mothballs in the glovebox. Then you'll be screwed.

Oh, and thanks for the hair compliment. I must be looking good for you to say that sight unseen. Very nice of you to notice.

Jodie Donner said...

Where the voices lead, I see your point. I guess some procrastinators are all right. Welcome . . .