Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Postal Problems

I grew up in a small town - a place where everyone had their own mailboxes on their porches or in front of their homes. Here the planned communities share rows of mailboxes a block away. Kind of a pain in the ass. Really a pain in the ass when the postal carrier puts the wrong mail in the wrong box. Usually I get a piece of mail every now and then that does not belong to me. It belongs two houses down or a street up.

Today none of my mail was mine when I opened the box. I took it all to the guys across the street and expected they'd have my mail. They didn't. Now I wonder where my mail is. Were there three credit card applications in there like normal? Did someone get one and will they send it in? What else of importance could have been in there delivered to who knows what person? I am paranoid, I know, but this state is the highest in the nation for identity theft. Maybe it's due to incompetent postal workers. Hell, I don't know.

Hey, it's Teacher Appreciation Day. Appreciate me.

1 comment:

Bat said...

I hate the U.S.P.S. I really hate the umpteen credit card offers I get everyday. Last week I got three offers from the SAME damn company. Each one a little better than the other. There is a phone number in little print you can call to have your name taken off of their list. I called it about six months ago, but that seems to have increased their need for me to use THEIR card.